Flatiron Building Cuff Links
- These cuff links are crafted from authentic copper window casing of the Flatiron Building in New York City.
- Set in sterling silver with a swivel finding, this piece of copper features the wear of decades of use. Measures approximately
3/4" X 1/2".
- Each pair of cuff links comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Additional Product Information
The Flatiron Building was completed in 1902 and has become one of the icons of New York City. Its name is derived for its reseblance to a cast-iron clothes iron but it was originally called the Fuller Building after the George Fuller, the founder of the Fuller Company, which specialized in building skyscrapers. Unlike contemporary New York skyscrapers at the time, the Flatiron's design exemplified the "Chicago school" of architecture which featured a terra cotta facade within a Greek column structure (emphasis on a base, shaft and capital) on a steel skeleton. Upon opening, the building was praised for its clever engineering and strong frame, which allowed the building to withstand aggressive winds. Some of the early tenants were publishers, small businesses, retail shops and restaurants. The interior is known for its non-rectangular rooms and the offices at the "point" are covetted for their direct views of the Empire State Building. It is currently designated a New York City and National Historic Landmark.