Yankee Stadium Seat Watch
- This watch is hand crafted from an authentic stadium seat from Yankee Stadium.
- 40mm stainless steel bezel. The dial is carefully cut from a wooden seat salvaged from old Yankee Stadium and features the weathered, painted surface from which fans cheered for decades. 26 Championships won in "The House that Ruth Built"
- Brushed stainless caseback engraved "Yankee Stadium"and the years wooden seats existed in the stadium, 1923 - 1973.
- Italian cognac leather strap with contrast stitching. Strap length measures 197mm (approx. 7-3/4"). Mineral crystal.
- Battery operated Swiss movement.
- Each watch comes gift-boxed with an authenticity card.
- One year warranty from date of purchase.
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball.
Wear a piece of the storied past to your next Yankees game.
Additional Product Information
Yankee Stadium opened 1923 and was nicknamed "The House that Ruth Built" by Fred Lieb, sportswriter and baseball historian. Babe Ruth called Yankee Stadium home from 1920 to 1934, and was integral to team's World Series Championship during the Stadium's inaugural season by hitting three home runs. In fact, old Yankee Stadium was home to 100 World Series games, the most post season games, and the most Championships - 26! In 1939, Yankee Stadium was the site of Lou Gehrig's famous speech, in which he called himself "the luckiest man on the face of the earth," as he faced terminal illness. This original Yankee Stadium closed after the 1973 season to undergo an extensive two year renovation during which the Yankees played their home games at Shea Stadium. During those two years, plastic seats replaced the blue-painted wood seats. In 2009 demolition began on old Yankee Stadium and new Yankee Stadium opened in an adjacent space. Three years later, Heritage Park opened on the site of old Yankee Stadium. There, a blue line is interwoven into the grass, outlining the original Yankee Stadium diamond. For more information, please visit Authentication.