The 1970's found most Major League Ballparks converting to plastic seats from wood. This product is crafted from the old, wooden seats. Due to the age of the wood and uniqueness of the seats, no two products will be exactly the same. The painted surfaces may be multicolored due to layers of paint.Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Wrigley Field, originally named Weeghman Park, opened in 1914 as the home for the the Federal League Chicago Whales baseball team. In 1916 when the Federal League folded, the Chicago Cubs took up residence. The stadium name was changed in 1926 to Wrigley Field after the chewing gum manufacturer, William Wrigley, gained majority ownership. From 1929-1945, Wrigley hosted five World Series and the Cubs famoulsy never won any. It is the oldest National League park and currently the second oldest MLB park behind Fenway. The stadium is known for its ivy-covered brick outfield wall, hand-turned scoreboard from 1937, main entry marque, and unusual wind patterns from Lake Michigan. In 1988, lights were installed - ending Wrigley's tenure as the only MLB park without night games - and wood seats were removed. These green-painted wooden seats are used to craft this item. For more information, please visit Authentication.