UC Berkeley's California Memorial Stadium Bench Panoramic Photostand
- This panoramic photostand is crafted from authentic California Memorial Stadium bench seat wood, which was in use from 1923-2010. Displays panoramic photo of the 1924 Cal-Stanford Game.
- Measures 41” long x 2-1/2" high x 5-1/4” deep. The total size of the glass is 35” x 7” and the photostand displays 35” x 6-1/2” of exposed glass. Circular felt pads are attached to the bottom of each photo stand to help protect any shelf or tabletop.
- Each high-quality digital re-print is framed by 2 sheets of clear 3/16” glass. All sides of the glass have been polished and the corners have been rounded for safety.
- Available in Blue, Dijon or Gold. The surface is authentic to the condition of the wood since its removal from the stadium. Most Dijon bench wood paint may be extremely chipped as these were extracted from Section CC. Cleat-wearing team players - fulfilling a practice tradition - used the seats of these rows as their stairs to the field.
- Each photostand comes with a full color, bound Certificate of Authenticity booklet.
- This is a limited edition item. Only 350 will be made. For more information about the program, please visit California Memorial Stadium Artifacts.
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP COLLEGIATE LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Additional Product Information
From the time California Memorial Stadium opened in 1923, Golden Bear fans faithfully cheered from blue and gold seats for 88 seasons, creating scores of unforgettable memories for generations of football fans. From the Wonder Teams of the 1920s to the Pappy Waldorf years mid-century to the success attained in the 2000's, the venerable facility has treated fans of all ages to many of the greatest games in the history of Cal football. Memorial Stadium stands alongside such iconic campus structures as the Greek Theatre, the Campanile, California Hall and the Doe Library - all designed by renowned campus architect John Galen Howard.When renovation on the Stadium began in 2010, Cal Athletics officially licensed Tokens & Icons to offer gift items and furniture from the historic venue's benches. As much of the wood was painted long ago with lead-based paint, Tokens & Icons carefully hand-selected each bench piece and is working solely with the more recent lead-free painted benches. Visit California Memorial Stadium Artifacts to see more about these benches and other unique artifacts from the renovation.
Tokens & Icons is also offering Memorial Stadium special artifacts such as this Hall of Fame Bar.
Tokens & Icons offers Conference Tables made from the Gate of Memorial Stadium before its renovation.
Tokens & Icons was selected by Cal Athletics to create gifts and furniture from these historic benches.
Tokens & Icons hand picked the benches that had never been painted with lead paint.
Tokens & Icons hand removed and stores many loads of bench wood and the original stanchions.