The High Line Rail Bookends
- These bookends are crafted from authentic steel rail salvaged from the iconic High Line in New York.
- Secured directly from and licensed by Friends of the High Line.
- Rail is cleaned, cut & hand-polished to a smooth finish. Steel is then lacquer-sealed. Cork attached to bottom to protect shelf surface.
- Measures approximately 6" high and each weighs 5.5lbs for dependable support for larger books.
- Each pair is unique, degree of wear and markings may vary.
Also Available at: The High Line Shop
Additional Product Information
The High Line runs along the West Side line of New York City connecting 34th Street to St. John’s Park Terminal. It long functioned in the heart of NYC as a freight transport for agricultural goods such as frozen turkeys until the line fell into disuse in the 1980s.After years of planning and renovation, the first section opened to the public in 2009. The 1.4 mile High Line park offers an elevated venue to hundreds of events, programs and activities aimed at supporting the diverse communities surrounding the High Line. The Friends of the High Line approached Tokens & Icons with spikes and rail that were removed after the High Line's conversion.
For More Information: High Line AuthenticationThe High Line Shop