Seattle Seahawks 2014 Limited Edition Super Bowl XLVIII Game Used Football Watch
- This watch is crafted from an authentic game used football from Super Bowl 48 in which the Seahawks were the 2014 Champions!
- Total production run for this item is less than 5 units.
- Select dial as shown.
- 40mm stainless steel bezel, this watch features the iconic pebbled texture and some of the ball's markings. Brushed stainless caseback hallmarked "Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII". Mineral crystal.
- A tamper evident hologram is affixed to the face. Search this number to learn more about the ball's game history.
- Battery operated Swiss movement.
- Italian leather black strap with contrast stitching. Strap length measures 197mm (approx. 7-3/4").
- Each watch comes gift-boxed with an authentication instruction card.
- One year warranty from date of purchase.
- Officially licensed by National Football League.
Celebrate the Seahawks with a piece from the game!
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP NFL LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Additional Product Information
The Seattle Seahawks defeated the Denver Broncos, 43-8, in Super Bowl XLVIII which was held on February 2, 2014, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. This was the first time that the Super Bowl was played outdoors in a cold-weather city. The football used to make these cuff links was one of 120 used during the game and secured from the NFL.
The Super Bowl, whose original name was the AFL-NFL Championship Game, was the result of the 1966 NFL and AFL merger. In fact, the "Super Bowl" did not become the official title until its third year in 1970 even though the name had persisted since the merger agreement in which Lamar Hunt, the Chief's owner, accidentally coined the term. Hunt also initiated the use of Roman Numerals to number each game and this tradition started with Super Bowl V, the same game in which the Vince Lombardi Trophy was first awarded. For more artifact information, please visit Authentication.