The Orange Bowl opened in 1937 and was originally named Burdine Stadium after Roddy Burdine, the owner of Burdines department stores and a prominent business leader in Miami. The name was changed in 1959 when it became home to the collegiate Orange Bowl Game. The stadium was originally very small with a capacity of 23,330. By the time the Miami Dolphins were founded in 1966 and played their very first game as part of the AFL, the stadium seated just over 70,000. The Dolphins achieved great success with the Orange Bowl as their home. From 1971-75, they won 31 consecutive home games and had a perfect season in 1972; they won four out of five AFC Championship games all of which were hosted at the Orange Bowl; and they were Super Bowl Champions two years in a row in 1972 and 1973. Additionally, the Orange Bowl was a popular venue that hosted the Super Bowl five times. It provided the Dolphins with a great home field advantage as the seats were very close to the field and the structure heightened the roar of the fans. The Dolphins moved to Sun Life Stadium in 1987 but the Bowl remained functional until 2007. It was demolished in 2008 and its site is now the home of the Marlins.