This is virgin redwood which was part of the original shipment of seat wood to Ohio Stadium. It was never used for seating before the Stadium switched to plastic and aluminum seats. The Ohio State facilities director could not bare to part with this high quality wood so it remained in storage for years before being acquired by Tokens & Icons.
Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Ohio Stadium opened in 1922 and is known for its award-winning horseshoe shape which was designed by an Ohio-born architect, Howard Dwight-Smith. Though there was initial concern that the 66,210 opening capacity would be too large, 90,411 fans came to cheer the Buckeyes in 1925. After World War II, the Stadium was regularly sold out and seating accomodations increased every few years to keep up with demand. Today, the capacity is over 102 thousand seats and it is the fouth largest football stadium in the US. On the north side, the Stadium features a rotunda - originally inspired by the Pantheon in Rome - with stained glass windows of Buckeye teams. In 1974, after one of seven undefeated seasons that the Buckeyes have had in Ohio Stadium, the venue was added to the National Register of Historic Places. For more information, please visit Collegiate Authentication.