2014 Kentucky Derby Winning Ticket Bottle Opener
- This bottle opener is crafted from an authentic winning ticket from the 140th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in 2014 which was won by California Chrome.
- This is the first time claimed winning tickets have been made available to the public. Churchill Downs has a holding period of one year for winning tickets. Afterwards, they are released exclusively to Tokens.
- Tickets indicate date, race number, wager, horse number, and winnings.
- Set against a green saddle towel. Note, saddle towels are used throughout the racing season, these are not specific to the Kentucky Derby.
- Sealed plexi tubing with quality nickel-plated hardware. Measures 6-1/2" and engraved on end with Churchill Downs iconic spires logo.
- Officially licensed by Churchill Downs Incorporated, each bottle opener comes gift boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP CHURCHILL DOWNS LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Additional Product Information
The Kentucky Derby, known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports," is the top-ranking horse race in the US and has been held annually at Churchill Downs since the track's opening in 1875. It is the first and most iconic of the three races (the following two are the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes) that a horse must win to achieve the American Triple Crown. The race exclusively features three-year-old Thoroughbreds and has been 1-1/4 miles (or 2 kilometers) long since 1896. The Kentucky Derby has long been a venue at which great horses, such as Sir Barton, the first Triple Crown Winner, and Secretariat, the famed fastest runner, have been able to strut their stuff. In addition, the lavish and colorful outfits of the attendees, the betting and The Purse, and the tradition of Millionaire's Row - the expensive box seats that attracts the rich and elite - are as much part of the rich legacy of the event.