Comiskey Park Seat Color Top Pen
- This pen is crafted from authentic Comiskey Park seat wood.
- Measuring 5" long and a slim 7/16" in diameter, this rhodium-plated rollerball pen features the seat wood twice: the barrel is turned from the wood and the painted surface is set in the top. Engraved with ballpark name. Ships with rollerball cartridge (Schmidt P8126 or P8127) and can also accept "Parker style" ballpoint refill cartridges.
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each pen comes
gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The 1970's found most Major League Ballparks converting to plastic seats from wood. This product is crafted from the old, wooden seats. Due to the age of the wood and uniqueness of the seats, no two products will be exactly the same. The painted surfaces may be multicolored due to layers of paint.Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Additional Product Information
Comiskey Park, named after the White Sox founder and owner, Charles Comiskey, opened in 1910 and was known as the "Baseball Palace of the World." One of the first stadiums to be constructed of steel and concrete, it had a brick facade and, at the time, seated a record 32,000 fans. In 1918, Comiskey inaugurated the tradition of playing the Star Spangled Banner and was the home of the first exploding scoreboard in 1960. Comiskey was demolished in 1991 and became the parking lot for the adjacent current White Sox home. For more information, please visit Authentication.