Churchill Downs Paddock Wood Color Top Pen

  • This pen is crafted from the authentic wooden beams and trusses of the 1903-1923 paddock at Churchill Downs®.
  • Measuring 5" long and a slim 7/16" in diameter, this rhodium-plated rollerball pen features the paddock wood twice: the barrel is turned from the wood and the aged surface is set in the top. Engraved "Churchill Downs Paddock 1903-1923." Ships with rollerball cartridge (Schmidt P8126 or P8127) and can also accept "Parker style" ballpoint refill cartridges.
  • Officially licensed by Churchill Downs Racetrack, each pen comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.

Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.


BUY NOW $150.00
Additional Product Information

Kentucky has been home to horse racing since the late 18th century. In 1875, Col. M. Lewis Clark opened Churchill Downs. Clark designed the Kentucky Derby®, Kentucky Oaks® and Clark Handicap as the three major stakes races modeled after England's Epsom Derby, Epsom Oaks and St. Leger Stakes. This paddock was built in 1903 and, during its existence Sir Barton, a chestnut colt bred in Kentucky, won the 1919 Kentucky Derby by five lengths and went on to be the inaugural Triple Crown winner. 1923 was the last year this paddock was used since a new paddock was built behind the clubhouse. Over the course of the last 89 years, this paddock's wood served different track functions, primarily housing parimutuel windows. Over the past century, Churchill Downs was named National Historic Landmark in 1986 and remains a beloved icon by horse racing enthusiasts. For more information, please visit Churchill Downs Authentication.