Churchill Downs Cuff Links

Cuff links crafted from the slate removed from the iconic grandstand roof at Churchill Downs.

Sale price$190.00
In stock

Product Details

Grandstand Slate style cuff links are Securely set in Tokens' signature sterling silver prong style finding, featuring the weathered surface under which legions of Derby goers cheered their horse in the most exciting two minutes in sports.  The back is hallmarked "CDI."

Officially licensed by Churchill Downs Racetrack, each pair of cuff links comes gift boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.


Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Paddock Wood measures 1" x 3/8" in shape of Churchill Downs track.

Grandstand Slate measures 3/4" x 3/8"


In 2014, Churchill Downs® approached Tokens to make gifts from the beams and trusses of the Racetrack's paddock built in 1903. Churchill Downs planned to incorporate this structure into the second story "Grandstand Pavilion" but building codes made its use cost prohibitive so it was carefully dismantled in 2013. The wood has been transferred to Tokens for a new life celebrating Churchill Downs' history and pageantry. Officially licensed by Churchill Downs Racetrack.

Due to licensing restrictions we are unable to ship Churchill Downs licensed items to Canada.

Periodic cleaning with a silver cloth is recommended.

The Kentucky Derby

Kentucky has been home to horse racing since the late 18th century. In 1875, Col. M. Lewis Clark opened Churchill Downs. Clark designed the Kentucky Derby®, Kentucky Oaks® and Clark Handicap as the three major stakes races modeled after England's Epsom Derby, Epsom Oaks and St. Leger Stakes.

This paddock was built in 1903 and, during its existence Sir Barton, a chestnut colt bred in Kentucky, won the 1919 Kentucky Derby by five lengths and went on to be the inaugural Triple Crown winner. 1923 was the last year this paddock was used since a new paddock was built behind the clubhouse.

Over the course of the last 89 years, this paddock's wood served different track functions, primarily housing parimutuel windows. Over the past century, Churchill Downs was named National Historic Landmark in 1986 and remains a beloved icon by horse racing enthusiasts.

You may also like