Academy Award Winning Best Picture 35mm Film Cuff Links
- Coming Soon! Ready for the Red Carpet? These cuff links are crafted from authentic 35mm film cells from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. This iconic film made a clean sweep at the 1976 Academy Awards winning Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.
- Cells are carefully cut down the middle and bezel set and backed with acetate to feature a line of the projector sprocket holes on each side.
- Cuff Links are sterling silver & measure approximately 3/4" x 7/8".
- Each pair of cuff links comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Licensed by Saul Zaentz Company
- This item in first production run, shipping late Nov. Enter email below for an alert when ready.
Additional Product Information
Fun film facts! In 2012, for the first time, the motion picture industry released more movies shot digitally than on film. This trend has continued steadily and today only a handful of movies each year are still shot on good old fashioned film. Virtually all theaters have converted to digital projection so the digital experience is all but unescapable for today’s moviegoer.This collection is for the loyalists. It celebrates the warm and organic nature of film, a medium that goes back to Kodak and Thomas Edison in 1892. 35mm became the standard for motion pictures in 1909 and the 16mm format was introduced in 1923. Film has a presence, some call it magic, that somehow can’t be captured digitally. Film itself evolved over time, originally the iconic sprocket holes (perforations) were found on both sides but over time, in the case of 16mm, one side of the film sacrificed the holes for a soundtrack. Our 16mm film features the perforations on both sides. For 35mm, we take a single cell and split down the middle, featuring the perforations on each side.