UC Berkeley's California Memorial Stadium Biergarten Bench
- Warehouse Sale!
- Regular Price $500 now $400
- This unique Biergarten Bench is perfect for your next tailgate. Fold up legs in the tradition of those found at Bavarian outdoor eateries.
- Repurposed and handcrafted from authentic California Memorial Stadium bench seat wood, which was in use from 1923-2010.
- 6' long and 19 high. Bench seat is 11" deep.
- Available in Blue. The surface is authentic to the condition of the wood since its removal from the stadium.
- Select color (black or green) for metal legs.
- Each bench comes with a full color, bound Certificate of Authenticity booklet.
- This is a limited edition item. For more information about the entire Cal x Tokens program, please visit California Memorial Stadium Artifacts.
- If in Bay Area, call to arrange free local pickup or discuss use of a local delivery service. Shipping will be billed separately.
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP COLLEGIATE LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Warning: This product may contain one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Additional Product Information
From the time California Memorial Stadium opened in 1923, Golden Bear fans faithfully cheered from blue and gold seats for 88 seasons, creating scores of unforgettable memories for generations of football fans. From the Wonder Teams of the 1920s to the Pappy Waldorf years mid-century to the success attained in the 2000's, the venerable facility has treated fans of all ages to many of the greatest games in the history of Cal football. Memorial Stadium stands alongside such iconic campus structures as the Greek Theatre, the Campanile, California Hall and the Doe Library - all designed by renowned campus architect John Galen Howard.When renovation on the Stadium began in 2010, Cal Athletics officially licensed Tokens & Icons to offer gift items and furniture from the historic venue's benches. As much of the wood was painted long ago with lead-based paint, Tokens & Icons carefully hand-selected each bench piece and is working solely with the more recent lead-free painted benches. Visit California Memorial Stadium Artifacts to see more about these benches and other unique artifacts from the renovation.More Product DetailsBecause these original materials are from the most curved sections of the Stadium, there were no parallel lines or right angles on these benches. The askew stanchions and slightly pitched-back bench seats are reminders of the benches’ original home. These crooked aspects are as integral to authenticity as are the originally engraved seat numbers on the bench wood.All stanchions are original. Many benches have one stanchion in its original position. Since the distance between stanchions may have been 90 degrees or more in the Stadium, often the second stanchion is fit to accommodate requested bench size. The stanchion maintained in its original position is often at a slight angle in relation to the bench wood. The second stanchion is bolted parallel to the first such that the bench is flat and not torqued. Therefore, both stanchions may be parallel to each other but may not be parallel to the bench wood. Some benches may be constructed from stanchions in which neither are in their original placements.
Tokens & Icons is also offering Memorial Stadium special artifacts such as this Hall of Fame Bar.