Lambeau Field Seat Watch
- This watch is hand crafted from an authentic stadium bench seat removed from Lambeau Field. In 1969, all of the wood was removed from Lambeau as the stadium transitioned to aluminum.
- 40mm stainless steel bezel. The dial is carefully cut from a wooden seat and features the weathered surface from which Packers fans cheered for decades.
- Brushed stainless caseback engraved "Lambeau Field"and the year the wooden seats were removed.
- Italian cognac leather strap with contrast stitching. Strap length measures 197mm (approx. 7-3/4"). Mineral crystal.
- Battery operated Swiss Movement.
- Officially licensed by the National Football League, each watch comes gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Wear a piece of the storied past to your next Packers game.
This item is launching in time for Xmas. For an alert, enter email below.
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP NFL LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Additional Product Information
Lambeau Field was the first modern stadium built for an NFL franchise and is now the oldest continually operating NFL stadium. Originally called City Stadium when it opened in 1957, the name was changed eight years later to honor Curly Lambeau, who not only founded and played for the Packers but who also coached the team in its first three decades. Lambeau Field's site was chosen for its natural slope which was utilized to make the stadium bowl-shape. On opening day, 32,132 fans came to see the Packers defeat the Bears, 21-17, and the then-Vice President Nixon dedicated the stadium during half time. In 1968, Vince Lombardi, reknowned Packers coach and NFL icon, was honored when the stadium's street was named Lombardi Avenue. His success had started and led to a consistently increasing demand for tickets such that every home game has been sold out since 1960 and there is an average waiting time of thirty years to purchase season tickets. Thus, Lambeau Field's seating has been steadily added to since 1961 and, today, it is more than twice its original capacity.