Cockpit Panel Art
- Warehouse Sale!
- Regular price $750 - now $375
- This unique piece of wall art is crafted from an authentic aircraft cockpit panel.
- Each panel features the toggles, dials, alerts, and instrument clamps on which pilots relied for years.
- Dimensions approximately 18.5" tall x 6.5" wide. Aluminum wall mounting hardware included.
- Each piece of art comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- UPS Ground Shipping. Final sale, no returns.
Additional Product Information
The cockpit, also known as the flight deck, is the area at the front of the aircraft that contains instrument panels with which the pilot controls the aircraft. The term cockpit is derived from the 16th century word "coxswain," the person navigating and steering a ship, and became associated with airplanes in the early 20th century. The instrument panels assist the pilot in navigation and engine control and keeps him aware of all aspects of the plane. Recently cockpits have become more computerized but the iconic pit still conjures images of buttons, switches and gauges.