Polo Grounds Seat Color Top Pen
- This pen is crafted from authentic Polo Grounds seat wood.
- Measuring 5" long and a slim 7/16" in diameter, this rhodium-plated rollerball pen features the seat wood twice: the barrel is turned from the wood and the painted surface is set in the top. Engraved with ballpark name. Ships with rollerball cartridge (Schmidt P8126 or P8127) and can also accept "Parker style" ballpoint refill cartridges.
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, each pen comes
gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The 1970's found most Major League Ballparks converting to plastic seats from wood. This product is crafted from the old, wooden seats. Due to the age of the wood and uniqueness of the seats, no two products will be exactly the same. The painted surfaces may be multicolored due to layers of paint.
Additional Product Information
Polo Grounds most often refers to the third version of the stadium which opened in 1911 and was home to the New York Giants, Yankees and Mets. In 1911, 1912 and 1913, the Giants won the National League pennant. The Yankees subletted Polo Grounds from 1913 until 1922 when Yankee Stadium opened. In 1951, Bobby Thomson hit his "Shot heard 'round the world," a last chance homer that clinched the pennant for the Giants from the hated cross-town Dodgers. The Mets played their first two years at Polo Ground from 1962-63 just prior to the stadium's demolition. For more information, please visit Authentication.