Boston Red Sox 2018 World Series Game Used Baseball Watch
- This watch is crafted from an MLB Authenticated Game Used 2018 World Series Baseball. The ball was used during deciding Game 2 in which the Boston Red Sox beat the LA Dodgers 4 - 2 and took the Series 4 games to 1 for their 9th Title.
- Unique dial includes section of the World Series ball emblem.
- Set in a 40mm stainless steel bezel, featuring the scratches and scuffs that let you know the ball has seen game-play. Measures 7/8" in diameter and back hallmarked "Red Sox 2018 World Series."
- Cognac colored Italian leather strap. Mineral crystal. Swiss movement. Strap length measures 197mm (approx. 7-3/4").
- Officially licensed by Major League Baseball, a tamper-evident hologram sticker is adhered to each watch to ensure authenticity. Look up the hologram number at mlb.com/authentication to learn further details of ball's game history.
The rich patina of the game can be found in the outer skin of game used balls, which are hologrammed and recorded at each MLB game by official MLB Authenticators. Each watch dial is made from balls that undergo this process.
Additional Product Information
Production begins when a game used ball is removed from the action. MLB stations authenticators field-side at each game to track and record balls and bats and enter into MLB’s game used database. An MLB authenticator makes weekly visits to Tokens to witness the laser cutting and preparation of the ball discs for manufacture. Once overseas, discs are encased under a mineral crystal, the back is engraved and the watch is completed. Typical MLB holograms are 10mm in diameter, however, for this watch a subtle 7mm version was developed.Wear to a game or when out and about. Sure to spark conversation.