University of Michigan Stadium Seat Watch
- This watch is crafted from authentic Michigan Stadium seat wood.
- Michigan Stadium had redwood bench seating from 1927 - 2005.
- 40mm stainless steel case. Understated dials feature the weathered surface from which Wolverine fans in Ann Arbor cheered for decades.
- Brushed stainless caseback engraved "Michigan Stadium" and the years wooden seats were in existence.
- Italian cognac leather strap with contrast stitching. Strap length measures 197mm (approx. 7-3/4"). Mineral crystal.
- Battery operated Swiss Movement.
- Officially licensed by University of Michigan, each watch comes
gift-boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Wear a piece of the storied past to your next Michigan game.
DUE TO LICENSING RESTRICTIONS PLEASE NOTE WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP COLLEGIATE LICENSED ITEMS TO CANADA.
Additional Product Information
Twenty-two miles of California redwood bleacher-style seats were installed prior to the 1927 dedication of Michigan Stadium. In 1965, the benches were clad in blue fiberglass to prevent discoloration and further weathering of the wood. During an infrastructural upgrade at the Big House, a limited number of these seats were salvaged by a private party with a 30-year University relationship. On March 9, 2005, they were transported from the stadium grounds to private storage and ultimately to a warehouse about 300 yards from the stadium, where they’ve been preserved since 2010. A limited amount of this redwood bench seating has been entrusted to Tokens & Icons to create unique and tasteful gifts for the Michigan faithful.